Part 2: His Tips
Since my husband and I just celebrated our 20th anniversary, I thought it would be fun for us to each come up with 10 things we’ve learned about marriage over the years.
When I asked my husband if he would participate, he was a little unsure at first. After all, most men aren’t really into mushy lists. Anyway, I told him I thought it would be fun if we both did our own and then read them to each other. I was curious to see if we would come up with similar tips.
One day, I got a text from him. I smiled and giggled at how short his list was compared to mine. Just another difference between men and women, right? His list may be as long as this introduction, but it is filled with truth and right to the point.
I’m so excited to share these words from my husband with you!
10 Essentials for a Lasting Marriage
1. Christ – the glue that makes the marriage bond stick. The top of the triangle. As you grow closer to Jesus you grow closer to each other.
2. Acceptance – if you can’t accept each other for who you are, then you have no chance. Don’t try to change each other. Remember why you fell in love to begin with.
3. Communication – is key. You need to learn how to communicate and understand the way your spouse communicates.
4. Commitment – for better or for worse, enough said!
5. Counsel – sometimes a couple needs someone who can see things from the outside looking in.
6. Forgiveness-Without it, your marriage is doomed!
7. Love – 1 Cor.13
8. Fun/spontaneity – take the time to have fun and refuse to grow up in this area.
9. Respect – each other and show it through action.
10. Sex – have it often, be spontaneous and transparent. Be open minded and adventurous. Willing to come out of your comfort zone. Make it fun. Be selfless. Cannot be harmful, degrading or forced. Give your spouse room to grow and allow her to do it in her own time.
And there you have it. I was pleased to see that our lists were similar in many ways!
If you’d like to see my tips, you can read them here.
This was a fun way to communicate. Go ahead and give it a try and see what you and your husband have learned about marriage.
What’s your number one tip to keep marriage strong?
Would you do me a favor and like my FB page?
More from my site
Join our mailing list to receive access to a library of free printables! Enjoy these Christmas lists to get you started!